Hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day! I didn't have much time to craft this weekend, so I thought I'd give you a lowdown on my Valentine's Day instead. Normal service will resume later in the week with some more FOs to show off!We had friends stay over on Saturday after a night out, so our Valentine's Day didn't really start until they left at midday on Sunday. In the time-honoured fashion, I was presented with a card, chocolates and flowers:
The flowers were a little wilted (he tried, bless him, but left them in his car from Friday evening without water - that rose at the front was one of the best), so I was taken to John Lewis for concilatory presents of thread, bobbins & Burda magazine; obviously the most romantic presents a girl can get! I think my boy is coming round to the idea of crafty presents!
We spent the rest of the afternoon muching on choccies and watching Mulan on TV. Can you believe I'd never watched that film until Sunday?! I knew Disney upbringing lacked something... now I know it was a tiny dragon with the voice of Eddie Murphy! The man of the house then cooked the dinner (steak for me, mussels for him) and plied me with Rosé wine, both of which were delicious. Later in the evening we went to the cinema to watch Youth in Revolt, which was as good as the reviews have made out. It was nice to see Michael Cera playing a slightly different character from his usual roles, albeit only as an alter ego in this film. I'd recommend seeing it, if only for the alter ego's little "European" tache and bad-ass attitude!
Today I'm taking it easy catching up on some flickr uploads (apologies for the size of these pics, I'm at my parent's for the evening and their laptop just isn't kitted out for blogging!), and perusing Ravelry. I've just got my swap partner for the Cheap as Chips British Swap, I'm soooo excited! The parcel has to be sent out by 5th March, so I'll keep you updated.
How did your weekend pan out? Full of lovin' and fun I hope!
A Xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and check out my blog! I really appreciate receiving comments, and every single one makes me smile when it pops up in my inbox!