Monday, 29 March 2010

A return to normality

Thanks everyone for the kind messages last week - I felt a bit silly seeing as it was such a minor injury, but I'd hate for you to think I had just gone AWOL! Obviously there are so many bloggers who have had worse luck than me - I should be grateful I only banged my head!

So to resume posting, I thought I'd show you what I got up to on my birthday last week. Usually I only get flowers from my boyfriend, but this year my parents treated me too, so the house is filled with blooms:
I got some lovely presents on my actual birthday (I've spent the weekends either side celebrating); a gorgeous felt-making kit and book from the girlies at work, and very pretty, very SPARKLY, Skis from my boyfriend! Plus matching poles - I can't wait to use them...even if it isn't for another 7 months until the next ski season!
I have to say the highlight of my birthday did actually precede the 22nd of March, however, as the boyfriend took me to London for the weekend. We took the train up to London, checked in at our gorgeous hotel, then did a spot of shopping at Walthamstow market. Now I'd heard recommendations on Craftster and Ravelry that this was THE place to buy fabric & swing notions, but I had no idea of the scale. I came away with bags and bags and bags of fabric, zips & thread, all for the grand sum of £20! I don't think the stallholders were that impressed with my squealing, but I assured them that it was in delight!

Just take a look at my spoils:
30 zips for £1.50 ( a whole rainbow of 10" zips plus muted 8" zips)
This gorgeous fabric, £3 a metre - I think I bought 3 metres, I'm going to make it into a dress for my uncle's wedding, possibly with this pattern!
I did grab more fabric than I could ever photograph/upload onto Flickr - highlights included a thick jersey (like rugby top material) for 50 PENCE a metre, and floral poly-cottons for £1 a metre.

No excuse to buy clothes for a while I'm afraid!

I've loads more to show you - apparently my crafting urges were heightened by the blow to the head, even if my eyesight was shot to pieces! I'm just waiting to take some pictures of my finished OPB Sew Along skirt, then that'll be posted to show it off!

A Xxx

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better!
    I can't wait to see what you are going to make with that yummy wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weekend in London with fabric shopping! SO Jealous!
    I'm excited to see what you craft with your new goodies, and happy birthday!!


    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it sounds like you had a lovely birthday! What pretty flowers too!
    I am super jealous of your craft market finds... I shall definately bear this is mind next time I am in London! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! The flowers are beautiful! I MUST check out the market in London next time we go down....it sounds amazing (and a place I could get in a lot of trouble at...hahhaha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I could sew! I've learned several times but it just doesn't stick with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the coloured zips - what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and check out my blog! I really appreciate receiving comments, and every single one makes me smile when it pops up in my inbox!